WORLD CONTINENTS SERIES AFRICA
Take a trip back to the cradle of life and explore the great Sahara Desert in Africa. Become familiar with the national capitals and major cities where the majority of the human population reside. Get a sense of the location of different countries in Africa by placing them in their correct categories in a graphic organizer. Collect facts about the Masal people of eastern Africa. Research two of the endangered animals in Africa to evaluate just how close they are to extinction. Design a pamphlet to showcase why the camel is suited to travel in the desert. Describe the Nile Valley and Serengeti Plains, and explain what makes these regions unique. Understand where the major lakes and rivers are in Africa by examining a waterway map. Aligned to your State Standards and the Five Themes of Geography, additional maps, crossword, word search, comprehension quiz and answer key are also included.
- Take your students on a journey through Africa, its countries, regions and cities by roadways and waterways.
- Understand its location relative to the rest of the world. Learn the interesting physical characteristics, wildlife, vegetation, population, and climates of the regions.
- Discover which human and environmental interactions are being made in Africa that impact worldwide. Students will also learn the movement of goods and services, natural and manufactured resources throughout the continent.
- Our ready-to-use resource is written using simplified language and vocabulary, geography concepts are presented in a way is easier for students to understand.
- Comprised of reading passages, student activities, and 12 color maps and 12 blackline student maps. Crossword, Word Search, comprehension quiz, and test prep included.
- All of our content is aligned to your State Standards and are written to Bloom's Taxonomy.