GRADE 3-4 THE BFG LITERATURE KIT
Let your heart be warmed by this unlikely tale of friendship and overcoming the odds. Offer a variety of options to review the material, from pre-reading to post-reading activities. Predict what will happen in the story prior to reading the events. Put events in order that they happened when Sophie came up with a plan to stop the giants. Find the synonym that matches the underlined vocabulary word in a sentence. Describe the BFG's movements in the shadows from Sophie's perspective. Students reflect on how the story ends and create their own giant to live in this world. List the characters and ways they were touched by dreams in a Dreamcatcher Graphic Organizer. Aligned to your State Standards and written to Bloom's Taxonomy, additional crossword, word search, comprehension quiz and answer key are also included.
About the Novel:
The BFG is an incredible story about man-eating giants and one girl's plan to stop them for good. Sophie is a young orphan girl living in England. One night she is having a hard time sleeping. Deciding to sneak to the window and look out at the dark streets, Sophie sees something strange. An extremely tall man, sneaking about and looking into the upstairs windows of each home he passes. This man suddenly turns and sees Sophie. Attempting to hide under the covers of her bed, Sophie is quickly snatched up and taken to a strange world called Giant Country. There she meets her captor, the Big Friendly Giant. Sophie soon learns the horrifying truth of what happens every night around the world, and soon comes up with a risky plan to save all humans from the giants.
- In this State Standards-aligned Literature Kit™, we divide the novel by chapters or sections and feature reading comprehension and vocabulary questions.
- In every chapter, we include Before You Read and After You Read questions. The Before You Read activities prepare students for reading by setting a purpose for reading. They stimulate background knowledge and experience, and guide students to make connect
- The After You Read activities check students' comprehension and extend their learning. Students are asked to give thoughtful consideration of the text through creative and evaluative short-answer questions and journal prompts.
- Also included are writing tasks, graphic organizers, comprehension quiz, test prep, word search, and crossword to further develop students' critical thinking and writing skills, and analysis of the text.
- About the Novel: The BFG is an incredible story about man-eating giants and one girl's plan to stop them for good. Sophie is a young orphan girl living in England. One night she is having a hard time sleeping. Deciding to sneak to the window and look out
- All of our content is aligned to your State Standards and are written to Bloom's Taxonomy.