AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER IN
With 1 in 68 children now being diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, every teacher needs to be ready to teach children with ASD. This engaging and informative book—now completely revised and updated to reflect the latest statistics and research—will both help you understand your students on the autism spectrum and provide strategies to help them succeed in school. Drawing on 25 years of experience working with students with ASD, Barbara Boroson guides you to create a classroom community that is attuned to the needs of children with ASD and allows all of your students to learn and grow.
- The ONE book you need to reach students on the autism spectrum—features the latest research and authoritative advice to help you create a classroom community attuned to the needs of students with ASD.
- With one in 68 children now being diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (up from 1 in 150 in 2011) and a national trend toward inclusive education, this book addresses the urgent need for teachers to be prepared to support students with ASD in their
- Completely revised and updated second edition reflects the most current statistics, diagnostic criteria, and clinical research
- Packed with both the information teachers need to understand ASD and strategies to help them successfully reach and teach children on the spectrum
- All the latest information on assistive technology—plus how to use the classroom technology you already have to help students access the curriculum
- Highlights the special challenges of the Common Core State Standards for children on the spectrum—and provides strategies for addressing them